tubes tied, cut and burned , what can i do to get pregnant?


If my tubes are tied, cut and burned is the something that can be done to.get pregnant again?

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 1 comments
Answered by:
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul

Welcome to ehealthforum,
If you have been planning for pregnancy, you should consider visiting your gynecologist/obstetrician and go ahead with getting further evaluation done along with a HSG (hysterosalpingogram) to check the patency of the fallopian tubes (as chances of spontaneous recanalization is a possibility). If the test shows that the fallopian tubes are patent, (along with normal functioning of ovaries), you can go ahead with your pregnancy plans. If tubes are blocked, and non-patent (as shown by the HSG test result), then you will have to undergo surgery for tubal reversal to make them patent and then try for pregnancy. If you do not intend to go ahead with surgery or if tubal reversal is not possible, you can opt for options like IVF/ICSI. Visit your gynecologist/obstetrician at the earliest for further clarification and assistance.
Take care.

Post A Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....