eHealthForum

It Worked For Me.

11-05-2005

I've gotta say that after trying all the diets, the only one that I have had any kind of results on is the south beach diet.

The first time I did it, I lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks (and that was with cheating on 2 days). The second time I did it, I lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks. You're suppose to be guaranteed to lose 8-13 pounds your first 2 weeks and atleast a pound every week thereafter. I was skeptical at first, but now I totally believe in it.

It does take will-power though, which I really don't have a lot of. I think it's just because i'm comfortable with the way I look. I would like to lose about 20 pounds, but if I don't, i'm cool. Which is why I end up going back to the foods I love, lol.

I think if anyone is trying to lose weight, you should check out this diet and see if it works for ya! Good luck!

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 4 comments
11-08-2005

What are the basics of the diet? Or guidlines?

11-10-2005

I have done the sbd too and lost 15 pounds in 1 month it is really great but I would suggest reading the book...

My question....Does anyone know if it is okay to be on this diet during pregnecy and could I still lose weight during my 1st trimester...I am pretty over weight but want to go ahead and have a baby b/c I dont want my kids to be to far apart...I have a 17 month old....

Any one have any answers... :?:

bridget

12-27-2005

I don't know much about the sbd but I do not that you should never try to lose any wieght during your pregnancy. If you are over weight you should just try to gain less weight. Please do not try to lose weight during your pregnancy... Your baby needs that weight to grow!!

God bless and good luck,
teresa

01-02-2006

To bridget - really this is a completely healthy diet. It is not no carb and no fat overall, but it is for the first two weeks. You are eating low fat meats which includes some fish which you shouldn't have while pregnant. You are eating a lot of green veggies which is awesome, but not a lot of other veggies and no fruit. Again - this is the first two weeks.
While I completely support this diet, I think you are not getting all you need to give a baby and yourself. I would say, wait until you are not even breastfeeding to start this. Fat is good for babies brains while they are developing inside and outside of you!
Btw - I was 130 with my first baby and gained 50 pounds with him. I ate bacon and spaghettios a lot. Yuck. I was 194 pounds when I got pregnant with my second baby five years later. I weighed 212 when I gave birth. I only gained 18 pounds with her, because I actually started eating healthy foods and I was very overweight. So it is possible to lose weight while pregnant. I didn't plan it, but it happened. I ate chicken, beef, tons of fruits and veggies and plenty of dairy, too.
Good luck to you and your future blessing!

Post A Reply