eHealthForum

Leg Pain

11-24-2005

Could anyone tell me if they have had serve leg pain after having a hysterectomy. I am asking this for my wife, she has been in nothing but pain in both legs and growing area after her surgey. She did have a complete hyst vaginal. She has been to a pain managment dr/ nerve dr/ just so many doctors but nothing has been found as of yet. Any help would be great.
Thanks.

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 10 comments
01-09-2006

Hi...

This is the only thing I can think of,
when a woman has a hysterectomy some nerves are either cut or damaged during the op. Maybe the nerves in your wife's legs are being affected by this???

Or worse case ,is there any redness or burning sensation in the pain area??? Does it feel hot to the touch and is it swollen.

Read up on blood clots ok

hope this helps keep me informed.

Take care

06-15-2010

my mum has been having the same problem after her operation and its been three years since it happend. I will also appreciate more answers and feedback please

07-25-2010

had hystrectomy last year had epedorial trouble with
my left leg it is better now and all of sudden have
sharp shooting pains in my leg what should I do

07-26-2010

I had a hysterectomy this year in Feb, and I have had pain in my thighs ever since, to the point where, if I am sitting for any length of time I can hardly walk when I get up

05-02-2011

I had a partial hysterectomy in 2009 and have had nothing but pain in legs,feet,knees and both arms and my back. I had a wonderful job and can barely walk as well. I have seen dr after dr and no help either. I can do nothing with my kids ect... It has ruined my life as well. Please let me know too if you find anything.

05-02-2011

I had a partial hysterectomy in 2009 and have had nothing but pain in legs,feet,knees and both arms and my back. I had a wonderful job and now can barely walk. I have seen dr after dr and no help either. I can do nothing with my kids ect... It has ruined my life as well. Please let me know too if you find anything. I am in tears everyday hurting so badly.

05-03-2011

Well, I didnt give up and insisted on x-rays,catscan, blood tests, you name it, I asked for it, and after careful searching it turned out that I had no cartilage left in my hips and I had total hip replacements, the left in Jan and the right 6 weeks later, I am still recovering, but I have to say that the little bit of pain I feel right now is nothing compared to what I was experiencing before the surgeries, I am really not sure if the trauma from the previous surgery caused my body to shut down in some way and thats how I ended up losing the cartilage so quickly, or, if it was caused by something else, I do know that even my Doc said that the deterioration was quick and he had no explanation for it. I may never know why it happened, but I do know that I am only weeks away from being pain free and I am back on my treadmill and looking forward to working out again, getting stronger, and going back to work, so dont give up, keep pushing your Doc until you get some answers.............

05-03-2011

Well, I didnt give up and insisted on x-rays,catscan, blood tests, you name it, I asked for it, and after careful searching it turned out that I had no cartilage left in my hips and I had total hip replacements, the left in Jan and the right 6 weeks later, I am still recovering, but I have to say that the little bit of pain I feel right now is nothing compared to what I was experiencing before the surgeries, I am really not sure if the trauma from the previous surgery caused my body to shut down in some way and thats how I ended up losing the cartilage so quickly, or, if it was caused by something else, I do know that even my Doc said that the deterioration was quick and he had no explanation for it. I may never know why it happened, but I do know that I am only weeks away from being pain free and I am back on my treadmill and looking forward to working out again, getting stronger, and going back to work, so dont give up, keep pushing your Doc until you get some answers.............

08-02-2011

hi, i am 45 no children i had to have a completely hysterectomy about sevens months ago ,i have three jobs lately i have developed severed pain in my right heel went to my doctor refered me to podiatrist.can anybody help. one bit of advice to all of the ladies out there never go for a hysterectomy it is a last resort.

08-10-2017

I had a hysterectomy almost two years ago and I have been met with pain in my right leg while trying to exercise, especially in my hip and I recently went back to my doc after having physical therapy and not having any success, she suggest I go to my chiropractor, so I did and she found through x-rays of my lower back and hips that my lower spine where my round ligaments would found(ligaments that once held the uterus) was twisted causing my right hip to twist forward not leaving much room for the nerves from the spine to move within the hip and pelvis like they are supposed to. I will be undergoing hip and lower spine adjustments for awhile to see if it improves. Doing some research it seems that skeletal changes after hysterectomy is common which is unfortunate but I believe it is due to the fact that they have to attach the round ligaments to the vaginal cuff after the uterus is gone. What I have said here is my opinion and my experience but I do recommend talking to your doctor and also seeking chiropractic so they can look at your x-rays or take x-rays, they just have a better perspective of the spine and bones and can alleviate pain if not completely fix the problem without invasive surgery. I hope you can find relief.

Post A Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....