eHealthForum

OCD

02-04-2018

I'm on 100 mg of Zoloft generic (Sertraline) for OCD. I am still having persistent OCD symptoms at 100 mg. I would say maybe a 25% reduction (at best). I've tried every SSRI there is available to me from Prozac, Paxil, Lexapro, Celexa, Buspar, Luvox, and now Zoloft. Is there any point to even continuing a search for a medicine that can help my OCD if none of these things have really helped. Prozac dose was 20 mg, Paxil was 10 mg, Luvox was up to 300 mg, Lexapro was 20 mg, Celexa was 20 mg, and Buspar was 60 mg(20mg 3x/Day). Every SSRI makes me feel tired, unmotivated, and rather anhedonic. What can I possibly do at this point to improve my condition? I have discussed this with my doctor and counselor (psychotherapist) and they don't know what to do anymore. What is feasible having tried all these things? For SNRI's Effexor XR 300 mg, Pristiq 50 mg, and I didn't like those either. I tried Abilify 15 mg, Seroquel 300 mg (XR form), Risperidone (Up to 2.5 mg a day), Viibryd 40 mg, Prazosin 20 mg, and Wellbutrin IR (75 mg 2x/Day).

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 3 comments
02-11-2018

Is it possible for you to obtain a 2nd opinion? Since every SSRI makes you feel tired, unmotivated, rather anhedonic is it possible a different class of drug could be helpful. Wish I could be more helpful I am on 20 mgs generic Celexa Dxd with Depression and OCD Wish it helped a lot better. I feel for you

02-12-2018

SNRI was my favorite but even though I felt better I had a lot of anxiety which was totally the opposite of SSRI in that respect. With NRI's like Wellbutrin/Straterra I sort of quit eating and my anxiety/sleep become attrociously bad. Anti-psychotics made me gain 40 pounds, benzos aren't good long-term, and I hated neuromodulators because I had chronic diarrhea and went the diarrhea went away, I actually felt my mood was only better for a short time then went into extreme depression.

02-12-2018

Benzos/amphetamines/ssri/maybe in the future beta-blocker is my best guess at what would be the most helpful to me. I'm a more complexed breed with my needs with psychotropics.

Post A Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....