in the morning my BP is 115/72 in the evening it's 142/82
I'm not on any BP meds...is this normal

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 3 comments
Answered by:
Muhammad Khalil
10-21-2014

Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern.

Check your B.P weekly for 2 months and note the readings. if persistent elevation exist, low dose thiazide diuretics and/or ARBs can be started. Take 1 mg lorazepam before going to sleep, it could be accumulated stress

Let me know if you have any query

wishing you best of health

Thanks

10-21-2014

Hi,

In such cases where there is difference between morning and evening blood pressure, it is advisable to check if there is some difference lies between left arm and right arm BPs or not.
Kindly check the variations and then only I would like to make any comment any further.

12-14-2014

My friend had this same pattern, had it looked at by a doctor and it was in fact accumulated stress combined with excessive amounts of caffeine consumption. He was able to help control his BP by cutting back on the caffeine and taking breaks during the day at work (during this time he was monitoring his BP very closely)

Post A Reply
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....