eHealthForum

Menstruation Question

11-23-2017

Hello Dr. My last monthly period was on 16 oct 2017 which was due on 15th Nov but I didn't get my period and on 17th I took a hcg home test which resulted in very light pink line. I consulted my gynae and she has prescribed me duphaston and macfolate. But on 21th nov I noticed some spotting like period again I visited my gynae she prescribed me some more medicine like trapic. But there is bleeding. Not full bleeding like period. Yesterday I went to get my blood hcg done which came 2.4 and a tvs test result.. now my gynae asked me to withdraw all medicines. I am worried now will my period be clear this time. I dont have child and I am planning for child. Kindly help.

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 4 comments
Answered by:
Dr. Sanjoy Bhattacharyya
11-24-2017

Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
I presume,you had a biochemical pregnancy and later it get miscarried.You need to simply retest the blood hCG.If it is in same level,you are non-pregnant at present, which is the likely possibility.In that case,you will have your regular cycle after few weeks only.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

12-05-2017

Thank you so much Dr. for the reply. What is biochemical pregnancy sir?

12-05-2017

I got my period after withdrawal of medicine that is from 24th november, which ended on 29th of nov. And now I am again trying to concieve. Can you please help me in finding favourable days of ovulation?

12-06-2017

My doctor has prescribed me 2 medicines.
Meporate and evacure.
Meporate 1 OD she has asked me to start from 16th day of period for next 10 days.
Evacure is 1 OD too.
I have read that meporate is not safe for pregnancy. As meporate is contraceptive. I am keen to have issue. Kindly guide.

Post A Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...