eHealthForum

Is my US Pelvis report is normal

10-06-2017

Hi, I am 31 year female, gone thru US Pelvis scan few days back. I got the report as below. Could you please let me know if my report is normal or any issue.

Uterus: Anteverted Measuring 78 x 48 x 28 mm, appear normal in size and echotexure.
Endometrium measures: 7.9 mm

Ovaries:
Right Ovary measures: 30.4 x 22.4 x 16.7 mm = 6.0 cc
Left Ovary measures: 30.3 x 23.7 x 19.6 mm = 7.4 cc

Both ovaries shows multiple small follicles - s/0 polycystic ovaries.
No free fluid in POD.

Impression:
1. Polycystic changes in both ovaries noted.

Thanks, Haritha.

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 1 comments
Answered by:
Dr. Sanjoy Bhattacharyya
10-10-2017

Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
There are some changes in both ovaries and thus,they are termed as cystic ovaries.But this is important if you have any problems regarding irregular bleeding or infertility or absent or irregular cycle.A USG report is not all and you need to be clinically as well as hormonally evaluated to know the status.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Post A Reply
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....