eHealthForum

is my reading too high to start telma pillS?

08-27-2017

Hi,
Two weeks back i started feeling diziness and headache(below skull above neck back). I felt like out of balance a little bit.Then i went to clinic for bp checkup reading was 150/90. Then readings after that are 150/90, 140/90,130/80,130/100. then i got paniced and rushed to hospital. after one hr of 130/100 the reading went to 150/100 when i rushed to hospital. the doctor asked for ecg and it was normal. usg scan reports creatinine are normal. doctor asked me to start telma 20 as 150/100 is very high for my age(34). another doctor asked me to not to take pills and asked me to change life style and reduce weight. i am over weight(5.7" hegiht and 87 kgs weight). but if i dont take telma i was feeling outof control and diziness and headcahe. so i started taking telma. i am confused acutallly. is my reading too high to start telma pillS? can i not stop pills in future by reducing weight? i was on bad diet for so many days(now anyway chnaged my diet) what could be the reason for high bp

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 1 comments
Answered by:
Shafi Ullah Khan
09-01-2017

Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. BP charting states its pre hypertension and needs diet lifestyle adjustments and supportive care. Lose weight, eat healthy, exercise for 45 minutes a day and take some anxiolytics You need hypertension pills.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

Post A Reply
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....