eHealthForum

is it alright to increase my dosage of Norvasc?

09-21-2014

is it alright to increase my dosage of Norvasc to 15 from 10mg to bring down bp back to 117/75 level when I used to take 5mg? Present level ranges from 135-161/85 and am already taking 10mg. Or should I just take diuretic until my bp normalizes again? Amlodipine or Norvasc has been best medication for me without side effects. I experienced head aches and hard coughs with metoprolol, atacand.

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 1 comments
Answered by:
Shafi Ullah Khan
09-23-2014

Thank you for asking

Norvasc is usually taken in dosages of 10 mg a day. If BP is not in control there might be insufficient diet and lifestyle modification or it might need a combination antihypertensive for the relief.

Use DASH diet . Reduce salt intake to no more than 2 gm a day. Exercise and keep an eye on your BMI.

Get a physician and let them titrate the dose for you . DOnt do it on your own. it wont be wise.

Take care

Post A Reply
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....