eHealthForum

her right leg throbs and has chest pain

03-21-2015

My mom has 2 bumps on the side of her right leg lower leg like on the side of her calf as she stands or lays you can see them very well when i touch it, it mushes in like it is mushy, she is 55 years alot of stress and worries alot ,, she also says that her right leg throbs and has chest pain she wont let me take her to er please help here

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 2 comments
Answered by:
Muhammad Khalil
03-22-2015

Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

The bumps are most likely varicose veins which are dilated tortuous vessels that are placed superficially. They can be a risk factor for DVT and pulmonary emboli taking into account the history of chest pain episodes. Please consult an internal medicine doctor to assess for the need of blood thinners or anticoagulants after proper workup. Initially a Doppler Ultrasound of lower limbs, V/Q scan , EKG can be advised based on the clinical findings.

wishing you best of health

thanks

06-13-2015

You Mom has to see he MD............

Post A Reply
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....