eHealthForum

glutathione and collagen safe for hypertensive people?

08-19-2017

i have been on medication for high blood pressure for a year now n i would like to know if taking glutathione and collagen is safe for hypertensive people like me. and if they are safe for the liver and especially the kidneys. looking forward to ur answers doc. thanks!!

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 1 comments
Answered by:
Bhupinder HirA
08-31-2017

Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Glutathione is made up of three amino acids: cysteine, glutamate, and glycine. It is made up naturally in liver.

It is taken in two forms: intravenous or oral. Both Glutathione and Collagen have to taken with caution in patients of liver and kidney disease Collagen can cause hypercalcemia which may adversely effect kidneys. So it is advisable to take these drugs only after thoroughly
consulting your doctor and under his guidance.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Post A Reply
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....