eHealthForum

Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Question

10-21-2017

Hi, I have been suffering from chronic post nasal drip ever since I was a kid. I am now 22 and it has gotten much worse ever since I started taking Vyvanse. No matter the dosage it triggers it to where I feel the need to suck snot down my throat every 10 seconds to 5 minutes. I notice even before I started my meds it would get bad when I was tired or stressed. But even on a normal day, I suffer from it. It makes it hard to breathe correctly, is socially embarrassing, and leaves me exhausted. I have tried everything to cure it from nasal sprays, to gargling salt water, warm tea and honey, sinus severe tylenol(this helps only at night), mucinex, every allergy medication you can think of, removing dairy from my diet (because i notice it makes it worse), But NOTHING will cure it. I want to know if there is anything at all I can do to end this for good because I can't stop my medication. Or is surgery possible as a last resort? I feel hopeless at this point. Please help.

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 1 comments
Answered by:
Muhammad Khalil
10-22-2017

You need to consult an ENT doctor. if there is significant obstruction, DNS (deviated nasal septum ) or hypertrophy of the turbinates then a surgery such as SMR or septoplasty can be advised if the medical treatment is inadequate.

Post A Reply
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....