eHealthForum

Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Question

10-04-2017

Hi! My son is 2years old, we had his tonsils removed a month ago and now he has catarrh and cough, he's been on antibiotics for almost a week now no changes. What can I do please?

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 2 comments
Answered by:
Shafi Ullah Khan
10-17-2017

Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Supportive care with antihistamines, warm salt water gargles and home remedies will help. Some advil will relieve the pain and swelling. If fever is there then get evaluated for sore throat infections.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

11-02-2017

Since the last october i have had some problems with my left ear. The problem started when i used a waterballon, to rinse the ear of earwax. But when i used the waterballon with water, i added WAY to much water in my ear, I mean alot. And the first week i couldt hear on that ear, but it got better with the weeks, although the "water-feeling" in my left ear was still there. Weeks after i got a earinfection, because of all the water that was in my ear.

Anyways. Now, so long time after, I can still feel the water, if its the water I feel. For example, when the sounds is very high, when i'am screaming etc, then i can feel a "boop-water-feeling", hard to describe. It lasts 1-2 seconds, just when i am screaming/high sounds. I have also rinsed my ear for earwax, but the thing is still there, and its a bit annoying.

Does anobdy know what it could be? Is it some water still left, or something other?

Post A Reply
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....