eHealthForum

Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Question

09-26-2017

I've been dealing with neck pain for over 3 years. It feels like a sharp pain by my throat (right side) and if I press it, it makes me feel as if I'm going to pass out. It's an aching pain that feels similar to a bruise. I've had an EGD that only showed some basic acid reflux problems. Nothing serious. I've also had a CT and MRI of my neck with no specific findings outside of a maxillary cist on my right side. The pain is getting to the point where it affects me on a daily basis and is causing headaches. It radiates up and down my neck by my throat and spine and I can't get anyone to give me a specific diagnosis. It's progressively getting worse and it's starting to really worry me. The only times that it doesn't bother me is when I first wake up in the morning, eating, and drinking. I'm just looking for a suggestion on what I should pursue next to figure this out.

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 1 comments
Answered by:
Shafi Ullah Khan
09-30-2017

Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. THis is due to acid reflux. Modify diet lifestyle and lose weight. Visit our GERD health center for further guidance. Its a referred pain, which will subside with fixing underlying radiological cause.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

Post A Reply
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....