eHealthForum

Digestive and Bowel Disorders Question

03-31-2017

Hi I haven't been able to pass a bowel movement for two weeks now and it has been followed by vomiting and stomach pain, I had gotten an X-ray and they said I was severely compacted. They then put me on merilax (Probably not correct spelling) but It hasn't seemed to be helping so Instead of taking it once a day I've been taking it once every hour (with permission) But It still hasn't helped I got to see the doctor soon but everything we have tried hasn't helped, is there anything you suggest?

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 2 comments
Answered by:
Deepak Anvekar
04-11-2017

If you are suffering from fecal impaction, and the above mentioned measures have not helped, then the best way to manage the condition would be to relieve the impaction either with finger evacuation or with means of enemas.

Hence consult your doctor or visit the ER at the earliest and seek a proper opinion.

04-15-2017

Thanks for asking !

Have you tried to do a colon cleanse, i had in the past the same issue and was resolved after natural home remedy for colon cleanse.

Otherwise i advise you to consult a doctor !

Post A Reply
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....