Coping with a stuffed nose

Since birth my now 3mo old seems to always be a bit stuffed up. I have used saline drops and the aspirator with nothing coming of it. He is generally in good spirits and happy. So it does not seem to really bother him. Should I do something or be worried? His pediatrician has said that if he does not act bothered by it not to worry.

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 1 comments
Answered by:
Dr. Ana Aleksovska

Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You want to know the cause of the symptoms that your child experiences.

Babies, as with any older people, may experience increased nasal secretion which, in certain cases, may be due to infections. If the infection is located in their pharynx, they may easily experience spreading of the infection down to the lungs, causing bronchitis or pneuminia. If the baby doesn't experience coughing, increased body temperature or additional symptoms such as abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea, no treatment is required for a stuffed nose.

According to the data that you described, your baby experiences a stuffed nose. You may consider seeing a pediatrician if your baby experiences any of the symptoms listed above.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider such as a pediatrician for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

Post A Reply
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....