eHealthForum

constipation since I was born

11-13-2016

I'm 18 and have been dealing with constipation since I was born. I've tried everything, including an operation to insert a tube into my bowel so I could manually empty it. Nothing has worked. I've had byopsys taken and there's nothing medically wrong with my bowel. I haven't had a solid bowel movement in roughly 8 months. I do soil my underwear occasionally which is obviously extremely embarrassing and causes me to miss a lot of school. It's having an impact on my social life too. I was just wondering if there's anything you could recommend, anything it could possibly be. I've just really had enough of this as it's embarrassing to not be able to go to the toilet

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 1 comments
Answered by:
Shafi Ullah Khan
11-14-2016

Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. With normal work up and alternating bowel habits with constipated and soft stools and episodic incontinence, suspicion or irritable bowel syndrome is most likely and needs supportive care, diet lifestyle adjustments and evaluation to sort out incontinence. Visit our IBS health center for further guidance.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

Post A Reply
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....