eHealthForum

When Will I Go Into Labor

08-27-2005

Im 38 wks and my baby already weighs 8lbs when will I go into labor this is my first pregnacy will I more likly be induced? I feel like my body is making no progress! What can I do??

Showing comment 1 to 15 from a total of 34 comments
08-29-2005

I know how you feel. My first child was 17 days late... How depressing!
Not to mention he was a pretty big baby, weighing in at 9lbs 1.5 oz.
I tried everything to go into labor, but nothing worked. I hear sex is the one the works most of the time.
I wish you a very easy delivery!!!

08-29-2005

I did everything to try and make my baby come. I was 13 days late, and he weighed 9 lbs 10 ozs! I drank castor oil, and had sex, all the things they say to do, but nothing worked. Finally on day 13, I had enough went into the local emergency room, told them I was up all night puking...They said "omg....Thats very dangerous when your full term" so..They kept me and induced me, and my labour was long- 26.5 hours long!!!.. But he came out...And I was no longer pregnant!. ( thats all that mattered! )

get up tomoorw morning early....Put a big turkey dinner on..Clean your house from top to bottom, then go out for a big walk ...Like 3-5 kms long... Then come home and eat your turkey, go to bed, and have sex. Maybe in the middle of the night your waters will break!

Or- go into the er, and lie like I did.

If not you may still be pregnant for another month so longer..If you go over!!!

08-29-2005

I was a month late and 9lbs 5oz.

08-29-2005

I was 12lbs 8 oz and two weeks early (my mother was induced)
i think you have to be a lot bigger then 9 lbs to be induced. It will be much healthier and from what I hear it will be a much easier delivery if you just wait and let it happen naturally.

My sister insisted to her doctor to induce her and when they did she had a long and difficult labor. She is now 34 weeks and wants to wait full term. Be patient and good luck.

08-29-2005

I was 12lbs 8 oz and two weeks early (my mother was induced)
i think you have to be a lot bigger then 9 lbs to be induced. It will be much healthier and from what I hear it will be a much easier delivery if you just wait and let it happen naturally.

My sister insisted to her doctor to induce her and when they did she had a long and difficult labor. She is now 34 weeks and wants to wait full term. Be patient and good luck.

08-29-2005

Omg... Your poor mother!!! Did she have anymore after you???

08-29-2005

Four of us ...All vaginal none under 10 lbs.

08-29-2005

:shock: wow... Dunno what to say... :shock:

08-29-2005

Yeah..She sure never let me forget how big I was either. Lol.. My grandma was an old southern lady and when my mom was pushing me out my shoulders got stuck and the nurses had to push on my mothers stomach (basically juming on top of her) my nana fainted. (everyone though my mom was pregnant with twins, when she was 8 months they though she was going to go into labor anyday...Just think if I would have been born on my due date)
people in the hospitial came to look at the women who birthed a 12 lb baby, and I am not kidding. Lol , its my claim to fame.
She was later diagnosted with type two diabetes. But for the most part we just have big babies in our family. When I was a newborn I went home from the hospital in 6-9 months clothes.
Cant wait till I get to pop some kids out, and my husband is 6'3 220!

08-29-2005

It can't be much longer. Really. He can't stay in there forever !

It will happen when you least expect it.

Do all the things that everyone else has recommended- walk, clean, be active, have sex and..... This may be an old wives tale, but I did it and I ended up having my baby early...

Drink rasberry leaf or cranberry tea.

Cranberry juice also. I forget exactly what effect it was supposed to have-- help start you to dilate, or just help move things along a bit.

Hang in there.

08-29-2005

vanessalouanne wrote:
yeah..She sure never let me forget how big I was either. Lol.. My grandma was an old southern lady and when my mom was pushing me out my shoulders got stuck and the nurses had to push on my mothers stomach (basically juming on top of her) my nana fainted. (everyone though my mom was pregnant with twins, when she was 8 months they though she was going to go into labor anyday...Just think if I would have been born on my due date)
people in the hospitial came to look at the women who birthed a 12 lb baby, and I am not kidding. Lol , its my claim to fame.
She was later diagnosted with type two diabetes. But for the most part we just have big babies in our family. When I was a newborn I went home from the hospital in 6-9 months clothes.
Cant wait till I get to pop some kids out, and my husband is 6'3 220!

i'm praying for you girl!!!

08-29-2005

The doctors will allow is 10-14 days max over your due date.

Your doctor should make a decision weather they should induce you or not its not healthy to stay pregnant longer then your due date. The placenta gets old and does not nourish the baby plus the baby doesn't get enough oxygen and etc.

The baby doesn't need to be over 9 lbs to be induced.

08-29-2005

Most doctors work that way, but not all. Like I said I was 17 days late, was in labor for 30 hours, during this time my baby's heart rate dropped, and then I ended up with an emergency c-section.
I just have to say, always voice your opinions/concerns to your obgyn.
Good luck!

Post A Reply